Monday, September 28, 2009

Stupid Question

In the county where my store is located, many other places are closed on Sundays. Don't ask why, I don't know the details. Regardless, our store is one of few that are open.

So of course, we get frequent calls every Sunday with people asking, "Are you open today?"

And every time, I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "Nope, they hired me to sit here on Sundays just to tell everyone who calls that the store is closed."

Shopping tip of the day for 9/28/09: We're a business, and like all businesses, we need to be profitable in order to survive. So don't ask me where you can get something we sell for cheaper. You may as well be saying, "Hello, I'd like to take my business elsewhere but I'm not sure where to look. Could you help me with that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment